ISO/IEC 17025:2017 (NABL) Certification for Biocides
Biocidal product and Biocides
A substance that has a nature to destroy and/or control unwanted organisms bacteria, viruses, fungi, insects, etc. through a biological method is referred to as biocidal products, and biocides are constituted by this substance. Since biocides provide quick results, these are used across many industries such as Healthcare, Food Industry, Animal Husbandry, Water treatments, etc.
Certain biocides are extracted naturally from plants which include garlic, ginger, turmeric, chili, etc. These items are known to be used as antiseptics, anti inflammatory and are readily available in everyone is house.
Uses of Biocides in different Industries
Biocides can be used as disinfectants, Preservatives, Pest Control, Insecticides, and others.
Biocides as Disinfectants
Biocides play a very important role in controlling infections in many small and large health institutes being used as disinfectants by reducing the level of risk against infections
These are classified as low, medium, and high level disinfectants based on how effective these are. Disinfectants not only protect against human infections but are also used to sterilize surgical instruments, needles, and other medical instruments.
There are household products also which use disinfectants such as detergents, toothpaste, cosmetics, cleaning products, etc.
Biocides as Preservatives
Biocides are used as preservatives to increase the life of edible products, wooden items, items used in the construction of buildings, etc.
Biocides for pest control
Rats, insects, and other pests can be controlled by using biocidal products. Though there are many other methods readily available to control unwanted organisms such as fly bats, taps, using pure water, kitchen items being used from our elder is generation but due to the effectiveness of biocides, they are highly available and used products.
Therefore, before anyone chooses of buying such products, they must understand their original problem.
1. Is the problem too big to be paid attention to?
2. Are there other ways that can solve the problem?
3. If you are using biocide then are you aware of which product to buy?
4. The most important thing to keep in mind is if the product is approved or certified by
Disadvantages of using biocides
1. Excessive usage of biocides in any industry may lead to harmful exposure to human beings.
They may lead to breathing issues, chronic illnesses may harm pregnant women and
2. If humans tend to use these as disinfectants excessively, these may also lead to being
resistant to antibiotics i.e. if we use disinfectants excessively, then we might get
immune to those.
3. These biocidal products being used on animals and plants may lead to leaving behind
the residues while being used by consumers.
4. Biocides can be harmful to the environment.
Advantages of using biocides
1. They are very simple to use
2. If used in the correct quantity, they are very effective and provide faster results.
3. Diseases spread by insects, rodents can be controlled using these products.
4. In the current situation of the pandemic, the usage of disinfectants has become
5. Few products can be made more sustainable when biocides are used as a by product.
ISO 17025:2017 certification is one standard that specifies requirements for the competence, impartiality and consistent operations of laboratories. It applies to all laboratories regardless of the number of people working for and in it. This can ensure the quality check is available at any such place where biocides are getting produced and consumed.
Primecertification can help you with all the formalities involved with the ISO 17025:2017 certification for the Biocides process. We have a vast team of highly experienced professionals who have been helping our clients in getting an easy certification by handling all the audits, inspections, and paperwork for our clients In case, you have Biocides equipment testing lab then you must get it certified for ISO 17025: 2017 – NABL, PrimeCertification can help you with all the formalities involved with the ISO 17025: 2017 NABL certification for Biocides equipment testing lab process. We have a vast team of highly experienced professionals who have been helping our clients in getting an easy ISO 17025: 2017 NABL certification for Biocides equipment testing lab by handling all the audits, inspections, and paper works.